RM-RCA Rail Corrugation Analyzer
Longitudinal rail profile measuring system for measuring corrugation and roughness on rails in tracks and switches.
Suitable for mounting on trains, road-rail vehicles and trolleys.
Rail surface irregularities of the order of microns (0.001mm) in amplitude are important in the generation of wheel/rail rolling noise and vibrations.
The RCA is a compact and easy to install high precision measuring device to obtain a continuous longitudinal measurement of irregularities on the rail surface.
The RCA can be fitted to trains, road-rail vehicles
and trolleys and can be used on multiple track
gauges (standard, narrow or wide).
- Monitoring of rail quality
- Detection of corrugation
- Detection and classification of both short and long waves
- Assessment of mobile rail treatment results e.g. rail grinding and milling
- Measurements that are highly accurate and repeatable
- Relatively simple installation and setup
- Contact measurement system using inertial sensors
- Suitable for any track gauge
- User-friendly software for acquisition and review of measurement data
- Operation through notebook or tablet-pc
- Robust yet light weight design
- Extensive product support
TECHNICAL DATA RCA
|Interval at which data are saved||2 mm|
|Measuring speed||1 - 20 kph||Different speeds on request|
|Precision of measurements||0.1 µm (0.0001 mm)||Displacement|
|Accuracy||1 µm RMS 10 - 30 and 30 - 100 mm |
2 µm RMS 100 - 300 mm
|Data storage requirements||30 MB per KM of track|
|Output compatibility||EN 13231-2 2020 and equivalents|
|Wavelength filters||10 - 30, 30 - 100, 100 - 300, |
300 - 1000 mm
|Requirements||110/240 VAC and |
120 psi/7.5 bar air supply
|Approvals||Approved for use on Deutsche Bahn (DBAG)|
TECHNOLOGY FROM THE LEADERS IN RAIL MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS
The RCA gives reliable measurement results of irregularities on the rail head over the full wavelength range as per the EN13231-2 2020 and earlier versions of this standard. The user friendly reporting software allows for superimposing measuring runs, setting required tolerance limits and showing the % exceedances.