RM-RCA Rail Corrugation Analyzer
Longitudinal rail profile measuring system for measuring corrugation and roughness on rails in tracks and switches.
Suitable for mounting on trains, road-rail vehicles and trolleys.
Rail surface irregularities of the order of microns (0.001mm) in amplitude are important in the generation of wheel/rail rolling noise and vibrations.
The RCA is a compact and easy to install high precision measuring device to obtain a continuous longitudinal measurement of irregularities on the rail surface.
The RCA can be fitted to trains, road-rail vehicles
and trolleys and can be used on multiple track
gauges (standard, narrow or wide).
- Monitoring of rail quality
- Detection of corrugation
- Detection and classification of both short and long waves
- Assessment of mobile rail treatment results e.g. rail grinding and milling
- Measurements that are highly accurate and repeatable
- Relatively simple installation and setup
- Contact measurement system using inertial sensors
- Suitable for any track gauge
- User-friendly software for acquisition and review of measurement data
- Operation through notebook or tablet-pc
- Robust yet light weight design
- Extensive product support
TECHNICAL DATA RCA
|Interval at which data are saved||2 mm|
|Measuring speed||1 - 20 kph||Different speeds on request|
|Precision of measurements||0.1 µm (0.0001 mm)||Displacement|
|Accuracy||1 µm RMS 10 - 30 and 30 - 100 mm |
2 µm RMS 100 - 300 mm
|Data storage requirements||30 MB per KM of track|
|Output compatibility||EN 13231-2 2020 and equivalents|
|Wavelength filters||10 - 30, 30 - 100, 100 - 300, |
300 - 1000 mm
|Requirements||110/240 VAC and |
120 psi/7.5 bar air supply
TECHNOLOGY FROM THE LEADERS IN RAIL MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS
The RCA gives reliable measurement results of irregularities on the rail head over the full wavelength range as per the EN13231-2 2020 and earlier versions of this standard. The user friendly reporting software allows for superimposing measuring runs, setting required tolerance limits and showing the % exceedances.